Storya: RAFI- Kool Adventure Camp



This is me wearing a harness for I am up for a very challenging climb. This was taken at Punta Engaño, Lapu-lapu @ RAFI-KAC activity area last August 10, 2011. *Our computer was destroyed for the last 3 weeks T.T* Well anyways, I wasn't the only one who looked cool, together with my co-SK friends, we conquered our fears.

I was the tribe leader for TEAM WAN too. (hambug!)
It was a 3-day camp and it seriously was like no other SK activity. We were asked to surrender our cellular phones and only be able to retrieve it by the end of the day. There were a lot of games with of course meaningful lessons which we could apply in our lives. There were sharing and a lot of chats but mostly challenges which we have to conquer.
We were asked to make our own ID tags with special names which would refer to us as a person. I barely know the people around me but I think I'll be able to befriend them by the end of the day.
We had our quarters in at the Camp Marina in Lahug were we slept like soldiers with our beds. It actually looked like a hospital but woah! This is different.

   



(C) Photo: Tita Vannia
There were a lot of climbing to be done but because we only had few hours left, we were only able to do one out of three. Climb to the top, jump and touch the rope which symbolises your goals in life. Astonishingly, I touched the rope! The only thing keeping me safe are my colleagues holding a rope connected to my harness. If they were not careful enough, I could have fallen and broke some bones but NO! They were all attentive enough and safely brought me back down. I will never forget this experience. I would consider it extreme for I have not ever done anything like this before and I am very happy I did it with my SK Friends.




Comments

Popular Posts