Suroy- suroy: Medellin, Cebu (Christmas Gift Giving)



I celebrate Christmas days together with my family (which I think is common to all). In fact last year, after 9 years of Christmas in Cebu, my siblings and our mom flew all the way to Bataan to celebrate our Christmas2012 there. On the 25th, we spent the whole day visiting our aunts, uncles, ninongs and ninangs houses to please manually (magmano in Filipino) and show respect. Of course kinugos gud ta, they are obliged to give money that is why all the children in our municipality (Dinalupihan) have a lot of money after the holiday. We receive money or toys, we travel, we eat in fancy restaurants. This is why I love Christmas, I receive things that I want but this year was different.


This year (2013) I celebrated my December 25 with the most beautiful, playful, overwhelming (char) people. Together with my new found friends (which I am most thankful for because they came into my life just this year), we traveled to Medellin, Cebu, a place which was also devastated by the typhoon Yolanda. No we didn't have relief goods, we had HUGS! Hugs we shared most especially to the kids of Barangay Caputanan. We had a little kiddie party, games not to mention THE 70+ KIDS SINGING A "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" FOR ME!!! 
It was an awe-inspiring experience for me and was absolutely a very memorable one. All thanks to my Ate's and Kuya's (and lablab :3 nga nagsabot na lang nila kay wa tawn kakuyog: THANKS BABY) 
Everybody received their own stuffed toy, everybody received their own HUGS! Seeing them with smiles on their faces, contented and happy amidst their long travel from their faraway houses was all we ever wanted. They came all the way from the mountains. Literally. For me, the true essence of Christmas is sharing what you have no matter how little it is, no matter how less you have. I'm glad I was invited over for this. I'm glad I made people happy. I'm glad I SHARED.


Here are some pictures of the kids that I took.
Most of them are uploaded on my facebook account.

watching over the other kids who's having fun

Innocent and curious

this was my sister's stuff toy and now it's yours :) Merry Christmas!

Look how happy he is with his new huggable stuff toy

munching on one of the goodies he received after a game

first in line and excited to receive his slippers

now they're all excited too!

I love how this kid smile for the camera

John Paul

thanks to my brothers and sister who shared their blessings


MERRY CHRISTMAS! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Comments

Popular Posts