Suroy- suroy: Alcoy, Cebu (One Day Getaway in Tinko Beach)

T I N K O  B E A C H , A L C O Y , C E B U
“The best gift you can give your partner is a lifetime full of adventures”- read this quote when I googled ‘quotes about travels’. I just find it very inspiring since my girlfriend and I are fond of travelling, well we just started so I guess we still have a lifetime to fulfil our relationship goals.



    We’ve learned so much from our previous trip in Medellin. We learned the do’s and don’ts in travelling- only some of them at least. We tried to be budget- wise but there were too many things to consider. So in this trip, we tried to apply everything we gained from that experience.
    So my girlfriend and I have been planning our next out of town trip for months. We even thought of Camotes, Bohol, Moalboal, Bantayan Island and many more getaway places but  time just can't permit us from doing so. I’m too busy with school and Bam’s too busy with work. We have a limited number of absences you see (school rules). And then I thought, what about we travel somewhere closer to home? Alcoy!
    In my past visits in Alcoy- yes, i've been there many times because I have relatives there- Tinko Beach wasn’t well- known yet but locals have already been recognizing it because of its long shoreline with pure white sand. Did I mention it's free too? Yup!

TRIP!
     We wanted an overnight stay for this trip but unfortunately, we just couldn't. Obviously, we didn't prepare much. We just packed our clothes; enough for a day- pangkaligo ug ilisan- our cellular phones, clip lenses, goggles, and money. If you're asking about the food, well we had a different plan.

We stopped by E-Mall (Savemore opens at 6am) and from there we bought snacks to munch along the way and drinks too. We also ate out breakfast there, we didn't want to travel with an empty stomach.

The South Bus Terminal is just meters away from the mall (fyi). We wanted to get an air-conditioned bus but unluckily ended up with the non- air-conditioned bus. It was ready to go and we're burning precious daylight. Ask the personnel from the terminal as to what bus to take so you won't get confused. Our fare cost 110php each. The trip took three long hours but it was fun for us. I have always loved long drives.
This was taken from my last visit in Alcoy. 

If you worry about not knowing where to stop, leave it to the bus conductor. Just tell him to drop you off by Tinko Beach and he'll take care of it for you. Just like what I said, the beach has its public side and private too. There have been resorts popping out of nowhere.
Public means, you don't have to pay an entrance fee. If you want, you can bring your own tent and assemble it on the beachside. For us, we rented out a cottage for 300Php- expensive but it was good enough to keep our belongings safe. Rooms are available too for an overnight stay but it .only has limited spaces
There were only a few tourists when we went there so I didn't worry much about our stuff being robbed or something. The caretaker of the cottages made sure that he never leaves the area unattended. If you want to take a bath after swimming in the beach, then you only have to pay 15Php. A sari- sari store is also located in the area. I found it very convenient:)
Here are some of the pictures of our trip!










 So how was it? BITIN! If only the table hadn't turned. We could have stayed for a little longer! Well of course, it was FUN and always worth it. I love travelling, especially with Bam.


Comments

Popular Posts