Suroy- suroy: Anniversary Special in Samboan x Guinatilan + Moalboal (Inambakan Falls)

   In my last blogpost, Bam and I finished our Aguinid Falls adventure for an hour and a half. We finished around 12:20pm and we are hungry!

__________________________________
Day 1
6:00 am- South Bus Terminal
6:30- 10:40 am- Travel Time to Samboan
10:50- 12:20 pm- Aguinid Falls, Tangbo
12:20- 1:00 pm- Lunch in Poblacion, Samboan
1:00- 1:20 pm- Motorcycle Ride to Dao Falls, Suba
1:20- 1:40 pm- Motorcycle Ride to Guinatilan
1:40- 2:10 pm- Inambakan Falls
2:10- 2:40 pm- Motorcycle Ride back to Samboan
2:40- 4:00 pm- Hidden Falls, Binalayan
4:00- 6:00 pm- Bus Ride to Moalboal
_________________________________
Day 2
9:00- 10:00am- Breakfast
10:00- 12:00pm- Basdaku, Moalboal
12:00 pm- Travel Back to the City
   Kuya Robert willingly offered us his motorcycle, for a price of course, and we both agreed to go to Dao Falls instead of going to Hidden Falls but first, we asked him if he could take us somewhere we could eat, so he did. He is so accommodating and not to mention talkative! We learned so much about his life, that he's a cook and has gone outside the country for competitions. He even judged the Humba that we ate for our lunch. After our fatty meal, we then went to Dao Falls in barangay Suba. It was indeed a long motorcycle drive but Kuya Robert went on and on with his life story so we didn't get bored. When we arrived in the drop- off point for Dao Falls, the admin, mostly consists of the locals around the area, warned us and did not let us move along. It was drizzling but they said they didn't want anyone to be in danger.
  Bam and I were pretty disappointed because Dao Falls was supposed to be the highlight of our chasing waterfalls trip. I just thought the timing was really bad but yes, I'm sad. I'm sad because I don't know what to do next. Kuya Robert and I agreed on a price for Dao but weren't able to push through. I didn't want the money to go to waste like a probono so I just asked him if we could instead go to Inambakan Falls in Guinatilan for the same money. He said yes!
   He says if we were able to proceed with Dao then we  would have to pay twice the price. I think we were able to establish a good tourist-guide relationship . 
So when we arrived in the jump- off point, a local man  approached us and collected our entrance fees. We trekked a series of stairs from which the locals developed and provided handles to ensure safety. There were already other tourist when we started trekking but when we arrived, there were no people in the water! So Bam and I snapped our photos immediately!



   The  water cascaded with so much power that it created waves around its pool. It's splashes roared like an angry lion. I was confused if I was to be scared or amazed. I was obviously both and Bam was too.

   Kuya Robert shared his experience when he scratched and wounded his arm for jumping near a rocky area here. He even swore not to do it again and warned me. He didn't have to because I was already scared but curious so I climbed my way on top of a boulder located near the roaring cascade. I felt seriously perilous for it felt like a certain energy is pushing me away. I held on the the rock, snapped some pictures and then safely returned to where Bam was. 
   The place for me remained unspoiled. No developments around the basin were made except for some cottages located on the upper part of the pool and the stairs. Although we saw an on- going construction of a comfort room but I hope the locals would not taint any further. It's already beautiful. Why develop it? Right? It should remain as it is and we should not pollute it for it is not ours to do so.

 Unfortunately, Bam wasn't able to take her picture on the rock but she said it was okay. She just wanted to be safe.

   We didn't stay long in    Inambakan Falls for we wanted to finish our third waterfall so, we trekked our way back to the road.
   It honestly was not an easy way up. Well at least the stairs helped.
   It is important to always take precautions especially when it comes to waterfalls. I might not know much about waterfalls but one thing I know for sure is that,  mother nature is very unpredictable and danger may attack anytime. 
   For instance, the weather was damp and it caused the water to flow in total fury. If one carelessly tried to jump on the rapids then serious impairment can occur.
   I just want to remind everybody to always be safe!
FAQ's
- Motorcycle from Aguinid Falls to Dao Falls and back to Hidden Falls- 250.00 each person
- If you want to include Inambakan Falls- 250.00 each person
- Entrance Fee to Dao- 20.00 (Locals) 40.00 (Foreigner)
- Entrance Fee to Inambakan Falls- 10.00 each
- Cottages are available for rent
_______________________________
- If you plan to go to Inambakan Falls from the South Bus Terminal, take a bus with the sign BATO via BARILI and tell the bus conductor to drop you off by the church of Guinatilan or just simply tell the conductor Inambakan Falls. 
- Motorcycles are available 



   We hit the road again and drove back to Samboan for our last waterfall chasing activity in Hidden Falls, Binalayan! Read it here or read about our Aguinid Falls trip.

Comments

Popular Posts