Suroy- suroy: Anniversary Special in Samboan x Guinatilan + Moalboal (Hidden Falls)

   It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon and the weather is still not cooperating as we head on to our last waterfall in barangay Binalayan, Samboan; the Hidden Falls. Kuya Robert told us he can't be our guide for this trip so we finally paid him with the price we've agreed on.



__________________________________
Day 1
6:00 am- South Bus Terminal
6:30- 10:40 am- Travel Time to Samboan
10:50- 12:20 pm- Aguinid Falls, Tangbo
12:20- 1:00 pm- Lunch in Poblacion, Samboan
1:00- 1:20 pm- Motorcycle Ride to Dao Falls, Suba
1:20- 1:40 pm- Motorcycle Ride to Guinatilan
1:40- 2:10 pm- Inambakan Falls
2:10- 2:40 pm- Motorcycle Ride back to Samboan
2:40- 4:00 pm- Hidden Falls, Binalayan
4:00- 6:00 pm- Bus Ride to Moalboal
6:00- onwards- Dinner, Panagsama Beach and more!
_________________________________
Day 2
9:00- 10:00am- Breakfast
10:00- 12:00pm- Basdaku, Moalboal
12:00 pm- Travel Back to the City
   When I was still doing my research, I never read a single blogpost about Hidden Falls having an entrance fee that's why when Bam and I arrived, we were in total shock. We paid the same amount offered in Aguinid Falls. The woman in-charge assigned a tourist guide for us to ensure us of our safety and to tell us a little about the place. She was pretty chatty.

   We walked on wet trails for 10- 15 minutes and it felt like we were lost. It felt like we were on some kind of reality TV show wherein we have to survive in the forest like the "Survivor". I honestly felt like a lone wolf just trying to live. Ha! Ha! Ha! I think I've gone too far with that:)
   Anyway, before we saw the first tier, we came across this part of the waterfall where the locals slightly developed by putting swings and tarzan ropes. They have tables and chairs in this area for family's who would like to bring food but take note that there are no side vendors around so if you're hungry, better pack-up some snacks!
   The first level. Isn't it beautiful? Our tour guide told us that the water is deep enough for us to jump. I could've but didn't. I was scared no one would be there to rescue me just in case. Hehe! Since we've already came across the first tier, Bam and I can't wait to see what's waiting for us in the second tier and then, 

   The Hidden Falls is indeed hidden. It's pool is not as wide as what we saw in Aguinid Falls or in Inambakan Falls but it's towering waterfall made it beautiful. In our disbelief, there were no people! Bam and I immediately got out pictures taken. 
    I even tried climbing closer to the cascades. Climbing up is easy, but how you go down is burdensome! So, it's either you climb up and then climb back down safely(or slip off which could lead to serious injuries), or climb up and then jump to the water. 
   I never jumped. Again, I was afraid I might put myself to risk so, I safely shinny down to success! Luckily there were parts of the rock where I could hold and grip my hand tightly. It wasn't slipper too so I was really able to do it in a jiffy. 
   Bam told me she got scared and nervous I'm never really going to make it down. She was awkwardly shouting at me asking me to take care of myself and I did. You are so cute!
   As I made my way down, other groups were already coming in, so we decided to swim a little and then go on ahead with the last activity for the day. 
   We tipped our guide after she showed us the shower area. I think it was her aunt's residence but she welcomed us and gratefully shared their bathroom with us.

FAQ's
1. Entrance Fee- 20.00 (Locals), 40.00 (Foreigner)
2. Guides are purely voluntary- we tipped our guide 100 for each.

_______________________________
- If you plan on going to Hidden Falls directly from the South Bus Terminal, take the a bus with the sign BATO via BARILI and tell the conductor to drop you off by Binalayan/ Hidden Falls in Samboan. 
- From Aguinid Falls to Hidden Falls, take a tricycle and pay 10.00

   Woah! What a day! Bam and I need to eat dinner and rest! Where are we heading to now? Moalboal! Read it here or read my previous posts about Aguinid Falls or Inambakan Falls by clicking the links.





Comments

Popular Posts